The 2022 International Symposium on Polymer Nanocomposites (ISPN2022) is organized by the French scientific network GDR PolyNano 2 and the IRDL institute (Institut de Recherche Dupuy de Lôme), and under the hospices of GFP. The conference will be held in Lorient, a thrilling town located on the South coast of Brittany, France. Given its location and history, Lorient displays a rich maritime heritage, where naval industry, science and technology have been living in harmony since 1666. Lorient is well-known for its composite materials ecosystem and its European center devoted to sailing and ocean racing. It was also the starting point of the silk maritime road. The event will take place at Cité de la Voile Eric Tabarly. 28-30th, September 2022
The scientific topics of the ISPN22 symposium will concern (not exclusive):
- New nanocomposites components (synthesis, treatment and functionalization of nanofillers; emerging, bio-based components, sustainable polymers),
- Processing for microstructure control and optimization, additive manufacturing,
- Multiscale characterization of morphologies/microstructures, physical and chemical properties of nanocomposite interfaces/interphases,
- Structure-properties relationships (mechanical, conductivity, dielectric, barrier, fire…), nano effects
- Advanced (multi)functionality for smart materials (electromagnetic shielding, piezoelectricity, energy harvesting and storage, sensors …),
- Modeling (constitutive multiphysic laws, multiscale, machine/deep learning…).